This Sunday's pelagic (ocean) photography trip had to be cancelled due to bad weather. Our skipper made the call, and I heartily agree. With a forecast of winds of 20-30 knots, rain, and a 3m swell, an ocean trip in the 48-foot boat would not be fun!
Unfortunately this is always a risk with these one-day boat trips. Our next scheduled pelagic trip is on the 15th of August, when we'll try again.
Some of the photographers who'd booked for this Sunday's trip have rebooked on the August trip (the others got refunds). There are still a few free places on the August trip, so have a think about joining us on the adventure!
By the way, this blog entry is actually a copy of a news item on the LuminOdyssey.com site (which is chiefly for the larger photography teaching expeditions I'm involved in). If you haven't checked it out, have a look. And keep an eye on it: we've got several exciting trips for 2011 to be announced in the near future!